Join our friendly and dynamic team
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
POSITION – Part Time Pathologist
We are seeking a practicing or recently retired pathologist who can provide their expertise to our Scientific Committee. The annual commitment is a maximum of 72 hours.
The Scientific Committee is a core element of the PlusLife organisational structure.
The principal focus of the Scientific Committee is to:
1. Provide scientific advice to the Board regarding:
- Research projects for which PlusLife support is requested.
- Applied research
- Proposed new products/processing methods
2. Review any scientific material for accuracy before it is submitted for publication.
3. Undertake regular review of donor exclusion and acceptance criteria.
- Undertake critical review of donor files presented to the Committee by operational staff.
- Decide donor suitability, where there is any dissention amongst operational staff regarding donor acceptance.
- Recommend additional testing protocols as required.
- Recommend additional exclusion criteria from time to time.
A full copy of the terms of reference can be provided on request.
The current membership has a broad range of medical expertise and operates as a panel. As a skills-based Committee, members are valued for the skills, experience, and competencies that they have developed from their professional activities, and which they will continue to develop while on the Committee.
Applications remain open at this stage.